Go Out With Joy And Singing

We are commanded in scripture to "Go out with Joy" as well as to "Sing unto the Lord" I propose we can and should combine the two.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

"Be Still My Soul"

Take time today to be still. Take note of the second verse. Let nothing shake your confidence in Christ. He can handle any pain or anger that you feel today. He can handle any words you say. Corrie Ten Boom said it so well: "There is no pit so deep that God is not deeper still." Let God, your Abba Father hold you tonight. Even you boys need a daddy at times. Let God love you. Open your heart to love. Be willing to cry tonight. Cry out to the one who made your tears. For He is the only one who feels your pain as deep as you do.

Be Still My Soul
Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side;
bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
leave to thy God to order and provide;
in every change he faithful will remain.

Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
to guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
and all is darkened in the vale of tears,
then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay,
from his own fulness, all he takes away.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
when we shall be forever with the Lord,
when disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
all safe and blesséd we shall meet at last.

Words: Stille, meine Wille; deine Jesus heift siegen
Katharina Amalia Dorothea von Schlegel (born 1697),
trans. Jane Laurie Borthwick (1813-1897)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home